My Friday lists of fives
1. Hit the road jack and don’t come back no mo, no mo, no mo.
2. This is baseball, not softball.
3. Obviously it wasn’t your pitching skills that landed such a fine woman.
4. You do know the Angels can’t hit? Don’t you?
5. You are no Justin Verlander. Heck, you are no Jeremy Bonderman.
MY FIVE FAVORITE CANDY BARS
1. Almond Joy
2. Kit Kat
5. Giridelli dark chocolate and raspberry
FIVE REASONS TO WATCH THE LIONS THIS SEASON
1. Matthew Stafford: Will he be closer to a Pro Bowl quarterback or closer to a bust?
2. Ndamukong Suh: Now that he has the league’s attention, does the sophomore slump hit?
3. The running game: Do they get thunder and lightening with Mikel LeShoure and Jahvid Best?
4. December: Are they playing meaningful games while we go Christmas shopping?
5. Calvin Johnson: Does the team finally learn how to use him?
FIVE REASONS WHY THE TIGERS CAN WIN THE AMERICAN LEAGUE CENTRAL TITLE
1. Miguel Cabrera can carry a team with his bat.
2. The Chicago White Sox appear to be throwing in the towel.
3. Justin Verlander assures there are no long losing streaks.
4. The rest of the division is terrible.
5. No more games against the top teams in the league
FIVE PLACES I LOVE DOWNTOWN
1. Eastern Market: I love Saturday’s there but I even pop in during the week for fresh meat.
2. Harry’s Detroit: Harry is a cool dude and the place has a cozy feel.
3. Avalon Bakery: The kids love the brownies and I enjoy the blueberry coffee cake.
4. Hygrade Deli: Take a trip on Michigan Avenue past the freeway for a great treat.
5. Hart Plaza: This gives you a great view of Detroit and Canada.