I love lists. I love charts and graphs and I love when things are ranked and in order. With that being said I give you today’s lists of fives.
FIVE REASONS I LOVE DOING THE VALENTI AND FOSTER SHOW ON 971 FM
1. Mike is like a box of chocolates. You never know what is inside on a given day.
2. We have intelligent callers but it is the goofy ones that make me smile.
3. Our show was supposed to fail. Personal victory.
4. Finally got my name on my office. Yeah.
5. I get to talk sometimes.
FIVE REASONS WHY I LOVE WORKING AT THE DETROIT NEWS
1. I don’t have to go to the office.
2. My office is Pistons, Tigers, Lions and Red Wings games.
3. They let me write pretty much what I want, except Bachelor recaps. Still working on that.
4. I get to meet new people.
5. People are so happy/mad whenever I write about the Lions.
THE FIVE MOST FAMOUS PEOPLE I HAVE INTERVIEWED ONE ON ONE
1. Michael Jordan. Did it once at Oakland Hills and before he got really famous.
2. Charles Barkley. He talked social matters and allowed me to stay in the dressing room after it was closed to the media.
3. Isiah Thomas. He was the Pistons captain that always had a lot on his mind.
4. Barry Sanders. He always asked how I got his number. I am not telling.
5. Grant Hill. He liked to talk after midnight and about politics and world affairs.
FIVE DRINKS OF CHOICE
1. Blue Moon. Nice and fruity and full of flavor.
2. 7&7: Nice and sweet and it makes me feel good.
3. Long Island Ice Tea. This means I am going to do something silly like dance with my pants on backwards.
4. Bud or Miller Lite. I am dieting that night.
5. Makers Mark with a splash of 7-Up. Makes me feel like a real man.
FIVE PLACES YOU MIGHT FIND ME BEFORE OR AFTER A LIONS GAME
1. Harry’s Detroit. Harry is a cool dude and I hope he gets to stay even as the Red Wing stadium goes up.
2. R.U.B. Sometimes a man need beef brisket after the manly game of football.
3. Buffalo Wild Wings. Partly because Detroit haters said it would not make it downtown.
4. The Detroiter. Good burgers, good flaming sausage and I like the bartenders.
5. Cheli’s Chili Bar. I love to relax outdoors with a beer as the band plays on.