Summer is over. Here are 10 great things about my summer.
1. Having a restaurant named after me. I am honored that others believe in Foster’s Smokehouse in Fraser. Hope to see you there.
2. Cruise with the family to San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk. We had a great time and the family bonded. Carnival Cruise Lines had its problems but came through for us.
3. Watching the first place Detroit Tigers go through their ups and downs. Fortunately for the fans it has been mostly up.
4. Writing a story that got national notice. The smart people got the true meaning and sometimes you cannot reach the dumb people.
5. Watching a rocket blast off from NASA. We got a good look at it on a clear sky just south of Florida.
6. Discovering the Canadian wine country. Abs and I had a blast and will definitely return.
7. Enjoying a stay-cation where I got to chill out and enjoy lunch where ever I wanted.
8. Book signings. I enjoyed meeting people who bought my book 100 Things Tiger Fans Should Know and Do Before They Die. Most people seemed to enjoy it.
9. Lots of hugs from the children. They are reaching an age where you lose them, but Brandon and Celine have been issuing more hugs these days. I wonder if they want money.
10. Staying healthy enough to endure another tough but fun fall season.